Albert Hooi has been on USD since time began. Something about his silent assassin style makes him one of the most exclusive characters in rollerblading, and someone we are proud to have on the team. Albert’s technical skating is nothing short of mind-blowing, and watching him skate, effortlessly gliding over all obstacles almost, puts you in a state of trance.
1. Name: Albert Hooi
2. Age: 26 Years Old
3. Hometown: Dublin, Ireland
4. Sponsors: USD, Kizer, BHC, Fix, Jug, Kaltik, INRI Clothing, Parents
5. Favorite skate event you attended so far: Lausanne back in the day! Dunno the year but Rich Taylor did the downhill on Rollerblade off road skates, I was filming for Jan's video Last Call and DL was there.
6. Best contest results so far: IMYTA Final 4
7. Three characteristic features that describes you the best: Relaxed, Random, Shy8. Current set-up: USD Hooi Thrones, Kizer fluid frames and BHC Hooi Wheels with anti-rocker grind wheels.
9. Best rolling edit you have seen in 2010 so far: Revolutions, 90 Seconds with Mathiue Ledoux
10. Good advice you’ve been given: Don't do drugs.
11. Dumbest thing you did in your life so far: There's a lot but recently, left my laptop on the roof of my car for an hours journey, somehow it survived.
12. Best thing you did in your life so far: Bought rollerblades.
13. A place you really want to travel to next: Japan
14. Three people you would love to skate with at your favourite spot: Feinberg, DL, Sagona
15. One Amateur who should be pro: Mathieu Ledoux
Photo: Donal Glackin
Support us by using these affiliate links: Amazon