Connect with Facebook
Forgot your password?
feedback
April 17th, 2012 - by Monday

Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot

Tags: benjamin buettner, chop suey with chicken, denis wolf, fuck yeah, goldbroiler, hackenschuh, nils loester, one minute one spot

I’ve known Denis for about a decade now and he has become one of my closest friends. I know him as an open-minded and relaxed guy, but when he puts his blades on, he’s really on fire! Denis is not as extroverted as other skaters or a man of many words. If you spend some time with him though, you quickly realize that he expresses himself through his unique skating and style. I can say that he’s possibly one of the most pleasant skaters to work with because he’s always motivated to give his best for projects he’s interested in and he’s able to repeat his tricks until he – as well as the videographer – is satisfied. You can also always count on him for a session just to have some fun. If you saw him traveling across Germany and some parts of Europe over the last years, you’ll probably have noticed that he stands out from others. If you haven't taken notice yet, I’m sure you'll see much more of him in the near future.

Introduction by Nils Löster
Edit by Benjamin Büttner

Name: Denis Wolf

Age: 22

Hometown: Karl-Marx-Stadt, formerly known as Chemnitz

Sponsors: USD

Current set-up: Don Bambrick Carbon 3's with Ground Control Featherlite 2 frames and Undercover Jeph Howard wheels

Best rolling edit you have seen in 2012 so far: Not exactly released this year, but 'Richie Eisler vs. Barcelona Spain' shows us where skating is headed and how much Richie's skating has evolved over the past years. It's such a motivating edit that wants you to go out and shred the streets immediately!

Bad habit: Smoking. It's simply useless and unhealthy.

Hidden talent you have that no one knows about: I'm so lazy when I get home but I bet I will clean up my room faster than you! That is a long term goal I'm continuously trying to improve.

Your mother always said: "Denis, please go to bed earlier today!"

Skater of the year so far: That's a tie. Alex Broskow, as he continues to be a top rank skater and his skating is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Also Richie Eisler, as he is doing cool tricks and his skating skill developed so much over the last couple years.

Favorite food: Chop suey with chicken

What's your biggest weakness: Sitting still for a long period of time is disastrous for me! So while being in school this was a real pain.

Craziest moment in skating: My first drop-in at Chemnitz' infamous skate spot "B-Plan". I like the feeling of adrenaline flowing through my body.

Favourite gadget: iPod shuffle, because it just won't break and still works after a whole bunch of slams my body is still suffering from.

Find more 'One Minute One Spot' features on Be-Mag here.

Pictures

1 of 13
Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot

310312_denis_wolf_one_minute_one_spot_4.jpg

Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot Denis Wolf: One Minute One Spot

Support us by using these affiliate links: Amazon

Comments

Captcha Image

April 21st, 2012 @ 02:13 - by Mr. Feldman Mr. Feldman

Let's set things straight here. Yous a buster ass foo without proper appreciation of our sport. I ain't trying to brag but I got swag like a habit you bounce your heads to my sections on YouTube, your girlfriends got issues, we at the afterparty and shes kissin on me, peace love and harmony is what you preach, while I study jui jitsu.

April 20th, 2012 @ 11:41 - by Monday Monday

What's going on in here, guys?

April 20th, 2012 @ 09:21 - by chipmunk crazy madafaka chipmunk crazy madafaka

your perception of style is one trick-after-another without any outshining "OOOH"-moment is just boring! disaster fullcap kindgrind? its hard, but we've seen this before! outspin topsoul? seen before! i could go on with every single trick in your sections...

your perfect rails are boring, you spin-to-win-grinds are boring, your gaps are boring (not the trick, but the spot) - your whole skating is boring! if you want it this way, do it, but dont tell us what we should do and like more...

April 20th, 2012 @ 01:53 - by yoquinn yoquinn

i'll fuck you up one day feldman....get ready for that

April 20th, 2012 @ 00:03 - by Quinn Feldman a.k.a. Kyle Broflovski Quinn Feldman a.k.a. Kyle Broflovski

I'll tell you what it is and I'll tell you what it ain't. First of all, I have nothing but positive things to say about rollerblading. The reason you feel threatened by what I say is because you know that what I speak about is the truth. You know deep down in your soul that my perception of style compared to yours or what I like to call "new school bladers trying to find their niche," is better for our sport in the present as well as the future.
Anyway you look at it what I'm trying to bring into the sport ain't no gimmick!

April 19th, 2012 @ 23:16 - by chipmunk crazy madafaka chipmunk crazy madafaka

i just dont get what quinn feldman is trying to say? if it dont look good, dont do it - so u be better stop rollerblading, cause u lack any style! checked out an edit on yt and gotta say: nice inspin acid, looks like shit anyways...

April 19th, 2012 @ 15:33 - by ROL247 ROL247

so what you say is that your edits make rollerblading look better to the public than this?
If so, your just retarded.

April 19th, 2012 @ 13:34 - by Quinn Feldman a.k.a. Kyle Broflovski Quinn Feldman a.k.a. Kyle Broflovski

If it don't look good, don't do it. The way I see it is like this: Go big, grab a few style points, and always remember the days when rollerblading was accepted in society. The days when people in rollerblading only listened to dope hip hop and random pump you up rock music. The days when bladers put extra tongues cut out from old shoes and stuffed them into Oxygen Argons, matched with fat laces to make their cross-grabbed backside torque grind look extra steezed out. The days when kids in this industry knew what steez even was. The days when Chris Farmer dressed like a Gangster, skated like a Gangster, and in my opinion was much more respectable in that style and more of a role model for kids. When you think about the style nowadays compared to back then it's very evident as to why we can't get as much attention: we've become immune to the fact that rollerblading no longer focuses on making shit look smooth, it's almost like a joke if you watch Elements 2, Espionage, Coup De Tat. Let's bring fresh back, let's get sic wit it!

April 18th, 2012 @ 20:19 - by Blomster Blomster

That was OSM!

April 18th, 2012 @ 07:00 - by Monday Monday

Read the credits, Fred... ;)

April 17th, 2012 @ 23:26 - by Fred Fred

Who edited this master piece? Amazing! Bemag love!!!!!

Be-mag Subscription

Be-mag Subscription

Only USD 35.00 order now!

Latest articles Feed

April 18th, 2014 insteadofshave

MNSTR blade Pt. I

April 03rd, 2014 Jojo Jacobi

The 2014 Panhandle Pow-Wow VIII

March 27th, 2014 Jojo Jacobi

Behind the scenes: Alex Broskow and David Sizemore about the V13 "Coffee" Pro Model Promo

March 12th, 2014 Be-Mag