Connect with Facebook
Forgot your password?
feedback
May 01st, 2012 - by OlliNer

Panhandle Pow Wow 2012: Raw Contest Coverage By Ian Copp

Tags: competition, dave lang, david sizemore, florida, huge 540, jacksonville, jon bolino, julian bah, kona skatepark, mark wojda, panhandle, panhandle pow wow 2012, pow wow, prize, wrs

After six years of running the Panhandle Pow-Wow, Blake Taylor has figured out how to run things smoothly. I've seen him stress over previous Pow-Wow events, but this year it really went off without a hitch. His only complaint all weekend was: "We really need a water sponsor."

Write up and Edit by Ian Copp

As for my video coverage I'm not quite at Blake's level of professionalism, but I think I still managed to come up with something people will enjoy seeing. My very amateur camera setup had me running around between heats looking for my charger, and I managed to miss almost every clip of the 'Bladies' contest thinking I was recording when I was paused, and recording only the moments between tricks. Luckily filming the Pro-Am division went a lot better although I missed many, many big tricks, and my battery was totally done for during the last few minutes of hammers before the announcers called for the contest to end.

All in all it was a great weekend, and David Sizemore managed to win his third Pow-Wow victory. I think his level of mastery of the Pow-Wow event is only second to Blake's.

If attending it to a future Pow-Wow is even a remote possibility I suggest making it a priority. Blake's got something building in Florida that is unique and a whole lot of fun. Our beaches, crawfish and strip clubs are waiting, and we'll be here having a hell of a good time again next year.

Pro Division Ranking:
1) David Sizemore
2) Steven Tat
3) Julian Bah
4) David Lang

More updates about the Panhandle Pow Wow here.

Pictures

1 of 5
Panhandle Pow Wow 2012: Raw Contest Coverage By Ian Copp

120501_PowWow.jpg

Panhandle Pow Wow 2012: Raw Contest Coverage By Ian Copp Panhandle Pow Wow 2012: Raw Contest Coverage By Ian Copp Panhandle Pow Wow 2012: Raw Contest Coverage By Ian Copp Panhandle Pow Wow 2012: Raw Contest Coverage By Ian Copp Panhandle Pow Wow 2012: Raw Contest Coverage By Ian Copp

Support us by using these affiliate links: Amazon

Comments

Captcha Image

October 20th, 2012 @ 15:51 - by lzlsfgqkuo lzlsfgqkuo

fnGEPk , [url=http://odfzsmdpgioz.com/]odfzsmdpgioz[/url], [link=http://wdqeayjjkvjp.com/]wdqeayjjkvjp[/link], http://twefsivlmqeh.com/

October 20th, 2012 @ 03:43 - by tlbhjony tlbhjony

HQmomQ , [url=http://bmtdhfqgjhoh.com/]bmtdhfqgjhoh[/url], [link=http://wfdmllxhvase.com/]wfdmllxhvase[/link], http://tepoogwexcqf.com/

October 19th, 2012 @ 17:30 - by mnukop mnukop

bzIntR bqlooiynrnhp

October 17th, 2012 @ 04:07 - by Guilherme Guilherme

I have to say this video is my Absolute Favorite video to watch over and over and over and over again!!! I am absolutely in love with it and the dnaecrs and awesome to watch.? Thank you for posting this video with this song!! This song is a favorite of mine too!!! I watch this video everyday, every night-and that's no exaggeration! Please post more like this! You enjoy your day!! Darlingo

May 08th, 2012 @ 19:56 - by Ian Ian

Right on.

May 07th, 2012 @ 14:41 - by fan fan

that's a good attitude, Ian. If everyone just shrugged off the haters like that, then the haters wouldn't matter. I appreciate the Pow wow, your edit (only one on Be-mag), and most importantly, rollerblading.

May 05th, 2012 @ 18:24 - by backyard bob backyard bob

worst song i have ever heard but thanks for the clip

May 03rd, 2012 @ 16:29 - by ift ift

Whoever enjoys it - you're welcome.

Whoever doesn't - watch something you do like to get yourself in a better mood.

To the skaters for skating, Blake for hosting the event, and all my friends that I got to spend time with over the weekend, thanks for the good times.

-Ian

May 03rd, 2012 @ 14:18 - by Dawn Dawn

I thought it looked like a really nice course! People were getting down all over the place, and Sizemore has that super controlled steeze. Thanks for the edit!

May 02nd, 2012 @ 20:28 - by OlliNer OlliNer

Hello there,

thanks to Ian were able to provide a quick edit for those that weren't able to attend this event. This was basically the idea of this edit.

Thanks Ian,
Olli

May 02nd, 2012 @ 15:41 - by uncle blake uncle blake

You can cry about the quality all you want but until our industries media outlets send their own representatives to cover events, you'll have to take what they are given.

Ian did a great job with this. He did for it nothing, had fun doing it, and got his out first. He never claimed he was a professional.

The Pow-wow will continue to give priorty to those who attend the event. Which is why you will probably only see 3 edits (at most) of the event. Which is fine by me.

If you want quality, you should point the finger to the source, not the donator. Without the contribution, you have nothing.

May 02nd, 2012 @ 08:16 - by Scorpion Scorpion

Quit it with ur lip, weighed out the dids and the didn'ts, with average non salvageable scavenger type tactics, I might rap it with a mike then send it overnight.

May 02nd, 2012 @ 06:35 - by woolfy woolfy

Skitch this sense coz ya know that's sick fight reason obey thought if you fit.

May 02nd, 2012 @ 05:45 - by 444 444

edit sucked. steven tat with long hair?nice! jbah 3rd...double nice. dave lang is the future of our sport.support this dude

May 02nd, 2012 @ 01:34 - by tha niggu tha niggu

who ever made this edit sucks dick, learn how to fucking edit fuckers!

May 02nd, 2012 @ 01:33 - by tha niggu tha niggu

who ever made this edit sucks dick, learn how to fucking edit fuckers!

Be-mag Subscription

Be-mag Subscription

Only USD 35.00 order now!

Latest articles Feed

April 03rd, 2014 Jojo Jacobi

The 2014 Panhandle Pow-Wow VIII

March 27th, 2014 Jojo Jacobi

Behind the scenes: Alex Broskow and David Sizemore about the V13 "Coffee" Pro Model Promo

March 12th, 2014 Be-Mag