Blading With Chef Knives: Pomodoro
chef knives, chuck cauton, cooking, earvin pamintuan, filipino, jason prodigalidad, live2bladecom, mike obedoza, obedobecom, randy spizer, ryan northway, themgoods, xsjado
California ripper Mike Obedoza isn't just nice with the blades on his feet, he gets nice with a chef's blade in his hands too. Here he brings us up to speed on how to muster up a tasty meal for you and the homies.
Story, Photographs and Recipe by Mike Obedoza
Chuck (center), the blading tattoo artist, was in Sin City, Las Vegas, for a blade competition a few years ago. Out and about, enjoying the nightlife that Vegas has to offer, he was surprised to bump into long time friend, I'm talking during the Rollerblade TRS days, Diane (far right). Diane was present during the Nuff Said age - Chuck's first blading crew - and would hang out while they bladed a play rail that Chuck learned topsouls on. After running into each other, Chuck brought Diane out to meet up with Jason Prodigalidad (chomping on the left) who was a resident in Vegas during that time.
Diane re-united with the secret society of Bladers, that some give shocked eyes and pointy fingers to, as if they are watching the dead walking. Blader's can spot each other a mile away with a favorite blade design on a T-shirt, an old Senate backpack and/or like how Chuck and Jason met, through a Emagdnim sweater on Facebook. With a few comments, like all gangsters, bladers stick together, and was a missing link in our blading family.
Earvin Pamintuan, Jason Prodigalidad, Chuck Cauton gone fishin'
Recently, Jason, had bid farewell to Vegas, and resides in his hometown of Fontana, California. Even through our busy schedules of work and families, he shares in our dream to blade forever. Excited to blade, we had to give him the Carson treatment with a session at Dolphin Park. I missed the blade session but, it didn't stop me from continuously watching blade videos at work. After watching so much of it, I got Chef Al to grind things.
I met the Filipino team afterwards for dinner.
Not more than an hour of preparing, I made an easy super fresh tomato sauce with a nice warm bowl of spaghetti pasta.
Feeds 3 Bladers and 1 Female
- 2 tablespoons of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of shallots, minced
- 3 cups of tomato, diced
- 2 cups of white wine
- 8 large leaves of basil, chiffonaded
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pack (500 Grams) of Spaghetti Pasta
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot bring salted water (taste water to make sure not too salty) to a boil and simmer dried pasta till soft in the center. Drain in a colander.
- In a separate sauté pan heat till glowing. Add oil to line the bottom of the pan and sauté garlic and shallots and quickly toss mixture to avoid any black burnt bits.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and cook until wilted.
- Finish cooking the mixture in white wine and reduce till semi dry and is thick almost like a syrup.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Flip Basil into mixture.
- Take cooked pasta and toss in tomato sauce.
- Finish the dish by dressing the pasta with extra virgin olive oil.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve to the red head blue eyed female who has a voice like an angel.
Until next time, take a look at Mike and Chuck getting nasty on the boots in "Trouble".
Support us by using these affiliate links: Amazon
December 31st, 2012 @ 05:41 - by zangzouizom
WNV28L , [url=http://hkkuxphgxwrq.com/]hkkuxphgxwrq[/url], [link=http://oleitzyekkiw.com/]oleitzyekkiw[/link], http://jtipmjulxoml.com/
December 29th, 2012 @ 22:52 - by bgsbmd
December 29th, 2012 @ 15:00 - by idhvuuff
27wnov , [url=http://sgdkgwjffjmm.com/]sgdkgwjffjmm[/url], [link=http://yslzvuxwvdwa.com/]yslzvuxwvdwa[/link], http://cxvraxjsxcry.com/
December 28th, 2012 @ 06:05 - by agyyfpxabuh
December 27th, 2012 @ 23:54 - by Siboedak
Aloha Tabby, michee here, you are back in the seatts?? I am back in hawaii, just left la. transition is the name of the game right now and it seems like a lot of effort lately to keep the momentum moving foward. are you staying in the seatts? you are always welcome in hawaii!! Blakes says hi!! lets keep in touch!! love,michee
November 25th, 2012 @ 00:10 - by Jack MGIFproductions
Awsome thanks Mike.. will try this bomb of a recipe out.. ;)
November 22nd, 2012 @ 15:59 - by burrito
This guy is great. Amazing recipes.
November 21st, 2012 @ 16:51 - by Diane
Great article!!! Now I want some more of that pomodoro.. Tricia sooo missed out!