Connect with Facebook
Forgot your password?

Thread: What is being put under anesthesia like?

Default What is being put under anesthesia like?

I have to get a minor surgery done where ill be out on general anesthesia and it sort of freaks me out. Its always kind of made me nervous for some reason and now that i have to do it i was just curious what its like for the people that have had it.

They ask you to speak and count down from like ten and inject some shit into you and you have a breathing mask thing on, the ceiling started spinning and then you spend the next few hours really grobby and tired after surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE HUSTLES FREED View Post
    What's the matter with drugs and face tattoos? That's pretty judgmental.

I've had to go through it probably 6 or 7 times in the past 2 years for a bunch of bullshit in my mouth.
    It's really nothing to be worried about. They'll give you laughing gas (breathing mask) and you'll start giggling at everything your doctor says, then they put the anesthesia in your IV and you're out like a rock. You are going to be a bit loopy when you come back out (IE David After Dentist video) but it goes away after a half hour or so.
    Seriously nothing to worry about, just enjoy the laughing gas and flirt with the cute assistants until you pass out.

After my 2nd jaw surgery, as soon as I came out of the "sleep" I couldn't talk because my mouth was wired shut for a day, but I looked at my dad and then the hot-ass nurses and winked and gave him a thumbs up. He knew exactly what I was thinking.

Fuckin' right hot nurse bitches! WHAT!

PHC!

Quote Originally Posted by leiftheviking | phc
    After my 2nd jaw surgery, as soon as I came out of the "sleep" I couldn't talk because my mouth was wired shut for a day,
    Such a Kanye wannabe

How the hell can people come round from it like that? Like even if someone told me I was about to die unless i sat up and touched the end of the bed I dont think I could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE HUSTLES FREED View Post
    What's the matter with drugs and face tattoos? That's pretty judgmental.

Depends on the anesthesia. If it is general as in you are in the OR, refer to nb's description. If it is twilight, you have an IV in you and they will start a drip. Everything slows down and then you wake up a few hours later not knowing where you are. It isnt that bad. I had the survival reaction when i came out of twilight and had to be restrained. I dont remember any of it, but i was calling all the nurses cunts and whores. I took a swing at one of them and ended up punching a hole in the wall. I felt really bad about it, but apparently it happens more often than people think. The doc told me when i came back for a follow up that they have had 70 year old ladies do the same thing i did!

its a time machine. once you go out it feels like you wake up immediately after. the first time i went under i felt terrible when i woke up and puked. but the last time when i woke up i was fine. the nurses were like don't drive don't eat geasy foods ect. ect. so i drove home and went ou tto eat at red robin
    my outdated profile- http://www.vimeo.com/15434701

It feels like the cold embrace of death. When the anesthesia goes in your veins you can feel it burn into your blood vessels. Then it hits your brain,especially the part that controls breathing and you start to get short of breath, like a huge weight has been put on your chest. Later, you start choking. Finally, all of your muscles painfully contract as you feel the life being drained from your body. As the operation continues, you feel every cut the surgeon makes, but you are unable to move or scream in pain.

j/k

it's like doing awesome drugs and then passing out.

It was really weird for me because it felt like 6 hours of my life just disappeared, I've never blacked out before so it kinda freaked me out. They put an iv in my and it felt really warm in my arm and them my whole body got kinda warm, then they put the mask on me and told me to count down from 100, I made it to 98 and I was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernintendo Chalmers
    it's like doing awesome drugs and then passing out.
    Hahha, great be-mag response.

Quote Originally Posted by kmediavideo
    I've had to go through it probably 6 or 7 times in the past 2 years for a bunch of bullshit in my mouth.
    It's really nothing to be worried about. They'll give you laughing gas (breathing mask) and you'll start giggling at everything your doctor says, then they put the anesthesia in your IV and you're out like a rock. You are going to be a bit loopy when you come back out (IE David After Dentist video) but it goes away after a half hour or so.
    Seriously nothing to worry about, just enjoy the laughing gas and flirt with the cute assistants until you pass out.
    I have to get it done for some bullshit in my mouth to. what did you have done?

yeah that shit is awesome. i only had to go under general anesthesia once but it was pretty awesome, i tried to fight it and stay awake as long as i could. lasted about 10 seconds

hahaha as much as im not a smoker, just imagine being absolutely cheesed out of your mind. but not laughing as much or feeling the need to eat shitty food. i remember when i had my wrist surgery after they put the shit in me and gave me the "laughing gas" the guy who put me under anesthesia was like you ready for me to put on iron maiden (it was either iron maiden or some shitty pop mix so i was like fuck it i'm down for 3 hours of maiden ) and i couldn't even respond to him. i just looked at him and smiled. then they cut 3 bones out of my wrist with a saw and other assorted tools and i didn't feel a fucking thing. when i "came to" after the surgery i felt like i had just ran a couple miles followed shortly but doing a boatload of oxycontin (not that i'm some pill freak but its not like haven't had a few in my day)

so all in all i don't think you have much to worry about
    [/u]

I just had my wisdom teeth out on friday.

I've never been put under before and I was nervous about it too. They put an IV in me and gave me some fluids (cause I wasn't allowed to eat or drink 6 hours prior to the surgery), then then the dentist came in and started putting some stuff in the IV and was like "things in the room are going to start to get a little fuzzy" before he could finish his sentence I started getting this overwhelming drugged out feeling and it became impossible to stay awake. The next thing I remember is feeling them finishing up the procedure (didn't hurt) and then my doc's assistant standing over me telling me they were done and that he was gonna walk me out. I could hardly walk. I dunno what they gave me but I felt fucked up for the next like hour and a half

Quote Originally Posted by oldskizzle
    Depends on the anesthesia. If it is general as in you are in the OR, refer to nb's description. If it is twilight, you have an IV in you and they will start a drip. Everything slows down and then you wake up a few hours later not knowing where you are. It isnt that bad. I had the survival reaction when i came out of twilight and had to be restrained. I dont remember any of it, but i was calling all the nurses cunts and whores. I took a swing at one of them and ended up punching a hole in the wall. I felt really bad about it, but apparently it happens more often than people think. The doc told me when i came back for a follow up that they have had 70 year old ladies do the same thing i did!
    my fiance is a fighter. and she rips out all of her iv's and anything that is taped to her. and shes like tweaker super strong when it happens. it fuckin freaked me out the first time i had to deal with it. it funny because she woulsnt respond to us talking to her. but the lady in the section next to us was telling the doctor how she felt after she had woken up and my girl just starts calling her a pussy and told her to stop bitching. it was super funny

you fall asleep and then wake up, then youre like " its over?"

Quote Originally Posted by the bear
    you fall asleep and then wake up, then youre like " its over?"
    yeah I don't even remember starting to feel groggy, just waking up with my mouth full of blood and gauze. Then they brought in a wheelchair and I was like "fuck that" and tried to get up and I almost fell over.

its like this...

"hey i dont feel anything differe".......SLEEP with no dreams....... (as you are waking up)... "when are you going to start?".... wakyness begins.....pain meds