Connect with Facebook
Forgot your password?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: indoor skateparks

Default indoor skateparks

who hates them? i can skate the same obstacles at an outdoor park and be completely comfortable, but indoors i just get a weird feeling. i can still skate, just not confidently. its always been that way. and all of my worst falls have occurred at indoor parks. i cant figure out what it is. lighting maybe?

id insert a facepalm pick but Im lazy.

Never skated an indoor park, would love to be able to not skate in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakep4196 View Post
    Dude buttholes are just weird.

more like face plant. every time i skate inside.

try faceplanting cement.

Shit is not forgiving....

I'm the opposite I guess. Maybe it's because everything I learned was learned at an indoor skatepark. I practically lived on mini ramps. I don't like the open atmosphere of outdoor parks. I don't know maybe it just fucks with my focus, but I'm always more apprehensive when it comes to outdoor obstacles. That may also be because I have to adjust my skating to whether it's metal ramps, cement, or metal ramps to cement, or plastic or whatever.

I don't give a flying fuck, and anyone who does is a pussy. Some walls and a roof doesn't affect what you are skating.
    Sure, the materials might be different but that doesn't take any getting used to.
    How many skateboarders does it take to change a lightbulb? One, but it'll take him 100 tries.

Be-Car
    http://www.vimeo.com/user2760984/videos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/billybobblader?feature=mhee

Im the same way but i think it has more to do with indoor parks surfaces. Dust is a major culprit at alot of indoor parks causing the ramps to become slippery. If a person isnt used to it or its been a while since the staff has cleaned the ramps, shit can be death no matter who you are. I dont know if anyone skated Cheapskates in PA back in the 90's, but they had no ventilation and pre-skatelite ramps were surfaced with masonite. That shit was fucking awful. Ramps would get so slick and you would have masonite dust boogers for days after skating there.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskizzle View Post
    Im the same way but i think it has more to do with indoor parks surfaces. Dust is a major culprit at alot of indoor parks causing the ramps to become slippery. If a person isnt used to it or its been a while since the staff has cleaned the ramps, shit can be death no matter who you are. I dont know if anyone skated Cheapskates in PA back in the 90's, but they had no ventilation and pre-skatelite ramps were surfaced with masonite. That shit was fucking awful. Ramps would get so slick and you would have masonite dust boogers for days after skating there.
    True, true. Newport skatepark in Wales was like being a dust mite, I couldn't breathe or skate decently.
    How many skateboarders does it take to change a lightbulb? One, but it'll take him 100 tries.

Be-Car

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet4Eternity View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck, and anyone who does is a pussy. Some walls and a roof doesn't affect what you are skating.
    Sure, the materials might be different but that doesn't take any getting used to.
    WTF are you talking about? Some parks are just bad no matter who you are. If a park has black metal ramps and soft asphalt there is no getting used to that in summer heat when the ramp surface gives you 2nd degree burns and your wheels sink into the ground when skating. Also refer to my Cheapskates example above. There was no getting used to that place it just sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskizzle View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Some parks are just bad no matter who you are. If a park has black metal ramps and soft asphalt there is no getting used to that in summer heat when the ramp surface gives you 2nd degree burns and your wheels sink into the ground when skating. Also refer to my Cheapskates example above. There was no getting used to that place it just sucked.
    What I was trying to say, was that if something is indoor it won't affect it, and I was thinking more concrete/wood.

Be-Car

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet4Eternity View Post
    What I was trying to say, was that if something is indoor it won't affect it, and I was thinking more concrete/wood.
    Ah, gotcha

masonite dust=unhealthy

Oh the masonite dust. I remember actually getting sick after I skated Butterbean's skatepark every single time I did. Also probably had to do with them heating the place with space heaters. Imagine dropping in and it's 55 degrees, skate over the funbox, past the space heater where it's about 90 degrees, and a second later, you're back at 55. Plus all that dust, I got around that by pretty much never turning haha.

Somebody told me that place closed down after their roof collapsed

how could you be more scared of an indoor park? you can take some beefy ass falls on the ramps without it fucking you up too bad. concrete park falls are always bad!

topsoul around and down to faki
    photo: Corey Oringderff

Quote Originally Posted by Sethwaterhed View Post
    how could you be more scared of an indoor park? you can take some beefy ass falls on the ramps without it fucking you up too bad. concrete park falls are always bad!
    Depends on how well the concrete is polished, but generally true.

Be-Car

its not that im scared, i can still skate the place and try whatever, it just doesnt feel right and i cant catch myself when i fall or miss a trick. its unnecessary falling, like when i roll into a ramp and land on nothing but my hip bone.

i love indoor parks. i cant really put my finger on why. being from texas i agree with the metal ramp and shitty asphalt comment from oldskizzle. theres just nothing better than avoiding 100 degree weather on any material to go skate. i guess i feel more safe in an indoor park, and youre only a few feet away from air conditioning. theres no running to seek shade when youre tired or need some water, you just sit down at one of the benches. the only downfall i can think of to indoor parks imo is the slipperiness. some are better about keeping it not slick than others. i guess indoor parks make me feel like im skating in my own house with my friends. outdoor parks let in a bunch of riff-raff that you may not want there. bums and scooter kids arent gonna pay $12 a session (hopefully)

all in all, indoor parks feel more comfortable to me

Quote Originally Posted by austin from texas View Post
    i love indoor parks. i cant really put my finger on why. being from texas i agree with the metal ramp and shitty asphalt comment from oldskizzle. theres just nothing better than avoiding 100 degree weather on any material to go skate. i guess i feel more safe in an indoor park, and youre only a few feet away from air conditioning. theres no running to seek shade when youre tired or need some water, you just sit down at one of the benches. the only downfall i can think of to indoor parks imo is the slipperiness. some are better about keeping it not slick than others. i guess indoor parks make me feel like im skating in my own house with my friends. outdoor parks let in a bunch of riff-raff that you may not want there. bums and scooter kids arent gonna pay $12 a session (hopefully)

all in all, indoor parks feel more comfortable to me
    I feel this way about the Ft. Myers skate park and it is outdoor. However, the shop has AC and the setup is perfect. Good skatelite and being designed by rollerbladers is whats up. There is alot of riff raff there cuz it is in the middle of the hood, but it adds to the parks character and amusement. On top of that everyone there is like a family and god have mercy on any outsider who fucks with a kid at that park. On many occasions some group of neighborhood thugs thought they were hard and tried to mess with kids there only to be met by 15-20 people ready to throw down. Love that place.

If the park is dope I'll fucks wit it.

Epic Indoor Skatepark is like 5 minutes from my house and it's pretty sick, they also just introduced a waiver you can sign so you don't have to wear a helmet.