Connect with Facebook
Forgot your password?

Thread: Valo AB1,Razors Genesys 7.3,or Xsjado Avant?

Default Valo AB1,Razors Genesys 7.3,or Xsjado Avant?

I want to buy some new skates.What should i get?Are the valos confy with the stock liner?What's the best skates?

Those Xsjado Avants are so sexy.

But are they good too?I never had a pair of xsjados before.Are they comfy?

Xsjados are a different animal all together. They are a very strange feel. First off, as far as I know, they are the only skate that has the frame/wheels completely centered. Most companies will offset the frame to make the soul larger. That makes a huge difference on your skating.

Your foot also doesn't move around at all and that is a pretty strange concept. Here, watch this. It's from when the skate first came out, DL explains it well because after watching this video, the skate felt exactly how I imagined it to. EXCEPT I had the large boot, avoid the larg boo (sz9.5+) at all costs.

The instep also makes a big difference. Originally the DL1/2 had a thicker padding oer the top of your foot, then the Farmer/Stockwell had a thin pad that offered more rigidity but it can be uncomfortable. I am not sure if they offer a selection, but it's something to think about. Also the Wilson 1/2 uses a full pad on the instep which makes it feel more like a full boot. It's all preference.

I had problems with Xsjados, but I'm an older dude who grew up being used to slimmer souls and less bulky skates. I found that looking at my feet threw me off on what I was trying to accurately do with them. Maybe i would have got used to it, but I got rid of the skates in a month or two.

That being said, they were super comfy and there were probably a few tricks i could do in those skates that have probably never felt easier.

Thanks to all.I think i try on some xsjado.But i still think thes skates are very ugly.

Get new Farmers 4.1, those are totally sick looking.

The new farmers is ugly too The new avant's are beautiful,this is the only xsjado skate I like. I try on some xsjados in my local store,maybe i'll fall in love with them.

Comfort-wise, you probably will fall in love with them. I switched, at least right now, for 2 reasons- I HATE carrying extra shit like shoes if I go out to roll (because I want to be able to say, go ina bloody store of some sort/get food/etc) and DT4's I had just killed my shins every time I went out due to their design disagreeing with my legs.