Connect with Facebook
Forgot your password?

Thread: Knee Pads?

Default Knee Pads?

I banged my right knee up pretty good last session. I feel weird skating right now since its still healing so it's making me a lil headshy to do stuff. I never could stand the feel of bulky ass knee pads on me while I skated. Has anyone tried some of those knee gaskets Like these?

http://secure.rollerwarehouse.com/it...A0094/#reviews

Are those really that much better then some heavy duty under armour volleyball/baseball knee pads at big 5 for 20$ bucks? Seriously thinking about pickin some up today so I'm more comfortable skating until its all healed up.

IMO- They are a great knee pad. They still will fit under loose jeans and provide great protection. I slammed my knee on a square rail and have not felt a thing. They aren't as small as the volleyball knee pads you can get at wal-mart or whereever but I don't think they are bulky.

I think they suck. They protect you from scratches or cuts, but that's it. They have little impact protection. Having a plastic cap with thin padding is more protective than a capless design with lots of padding because the plastic spreads the impact over a larger area. If you want something slim that won't tear up your pants the first time you fall, get a pair of these

http://pro-tec.net/double-down-knee-...pads-skate.php

They're similar to the Triple 8's, but they have a plastic cap inside the pad

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzalo View Post
    I think they suck. They protect you from scratches or cuts, but that's it. They have little impact protection. Having a plastic cap with thin padding is more protective than a capless design with lots of padding because the plastic spreads the impact over a larger area. If you want something slim that won't tear up your pants the first time you fall, get a pair of these

i ride those exact triple8 pads and i have to agree in part with Gonzalo.
    I dont think they suck. they do provide a protection for hits but they arnt the best and if you go to a volleyball pad that will be even worse.
    i will be purchasing those protec ones SOON.

I wear these:

http://www.skateasylum.co.uk/acatalo...ee-gasket.html

They are amazing. Nice and flexible, but have saved my knees from serious damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzalo View Post

Those look pretty nice, I just ordered some now online.

That's not a kneepad mate.

fight.

dont skate while your knee hurts in the first place, its not like when your wrist hurts and you can tape that shit up and go out, your knee if going to be a vital part of skating for the rest of your life so waiting until it fully heals is worth the time

You need a hard cap.....soft padding dooesnt do shit...

If you want to support rolling get USD......(spaniard the elastic on your shin guards lasts 3 months..change them)

Otherwise try protec or TSG....

i wear volleyball kneepads. i'm not real concerned about impact injuries, i'm more interested in protecting my knees from getting scraped up and restricting my range of motion

they work great for those two purposes, and they are slim enough that i forget i am wearing them

harbor freight tile laying knee pads are the cheapest

WANT TO BUY
    Face The Music

hell's asshole texas/san diego california

get some oldschool rector knee pads and wear them them on the outside of your pants like your fourty and ride a fat ass skateboard in pools all day bitching about how wax fucks everything up.