Hey using Final Cut Pro 7.03 for the first time in a few years w/ my Canon T2i.
Having a few basic problems, any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. When I add a cross dissolve between clips, sometimes it stays on the tail end of the first clip and doesn't fade properly. Other times it centers on the clip. How to I toggle between these two? Do I want the one thats centered between the two for a basic cross fade?
2. When I view the video in the top right window after rendering, its still super choppy and slow. Earlier today I had a version of the edit I'm making play back smoothly, but for some reason it's not working now.
3. How do I keep the audio and video files linked together so that when I slide video back and fourth the audio moves along with it?
4. How do I view the video and audio soundwaves so that I can line them up?
5. For the cross fade, how do I make it larger. I have no problem shortening the length of the cross fade, but for some reason, while expanding by grabbing the edge of it, it only reaches a certain length and then won't go any further.
6. For using the cross fade properly, do I need the clips on separate tracks? Or can they be on the same line?
Thanks in advance,