Connect with Facebook
Forgot your password?

Thread: Chris Edwards podcast

"I reflected that man is the veriest slave of custom, and that many points in the routine of his existence are deemed essentially important, which are only so at all by his having rendered them habitual"

Mot÷rhead, so far so good.

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakep4196 View Post
    Dude buttholes are just weird.

bow down australia
    "I reflected that man is the veriest slave of custom, and that many points in the routine of his existence are deemed essentially important, which are only so at all by his having rendered them habitual"

Never heard of the guy

hate that faggot so much.

I bet he's torn up because of it

Quote Originally Posted by nlausch View Post
    hate that faggot so much.
    why? I'm really interested to hear your reasons?

Holy shit, I never knew that the main kid was Chris Edwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjgLb0HJ3VE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=474Ay0C-u-U
    Last edited by fast eddie; 01.05.2012 at 11:00.

He's mad because Chris Edwards got paid $3000 for front flips.

I listened to almost all of the podcast. For the most part it was interesting. I thought he sounded sincere. It's awesome that he's going to get his own CO pro frame. He should also get a damn pro model RB boot again, or t least a free pair of Troopers.

hes repping remz now. would be cool to see kato give him a pro skate
    Be-mag #6470

I would also love to see an edit of chris edward skating a mega ramp with chris haffey. game of skate. that would be amazing
    Be-mag #6470

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    why? I'm really interested to hear your reasons?
    basically boils down to him being selfish and welching on everyone who placed at comps during the 2004 monsters of roll tour. he hosted comps with a handful of pros/ams touring the country which basically was a platform for him to talk about how awesome he is, how he created aggressive skating and how much he does for the industry - all while maintaining that 'family friendly' persona.

the format was typical - beginner, intermediate, and expert divisions. 5 person 10 minute heats (for intermediate and expert) until it got down to the top five or whatever. after he announced the top 3 names of the winners in each division - he had some excuse for not having product prizes. swore that he had acquired a name/address list of the placers and would be sending packages after the tour. to keep things short - everyone paid $15/$20 to compete in our own local park and maybe hear your name called over the p.a. system. no product toss.

when the tour ended, there was a week at woodward west where the top qualifiers at each of the comps were invited to attend. if my memory is correct; $500 for non-qualifiers, $250 for 3rd, $125 for 2nd, and free for 1st - for intermediate and experts. my buddy alex and i decided to go, he placed 2nd; i placed 1st in the intermediate division. i think we both paid $250.

of course the icing on the cake was to watch the pro competition at the end of the week. haffey, rachard, ritchie v, ryan northway, angie walton was spectating who we talked to for a while, couple others i can't think of.. so as edwards is hosting/MCing (think hard about k2 daily bread ads where ben weis does a 180 off a roof into a bowl) he does a frontside stall on the roof and dropped back in and declared himself the winner immediately without there even being a panel of judges.

so i lost a few hundred bucks (some of which i assume went to edwards pocket), never got anything in the mail, and had a brief experience in a holocaust skate camp with edwards playing hitler. i could stop being a little bitch and let it go, but when you're young and someone who you looked up to lets you down, it stings. i don't take it personally, because i'm sure he's done it to other kids, and maybe he still does - which is what makes me hate him.

basically boils down to him being selfish and welching on everyone who placed at comps during the 2004 monsters of roll tour. he hosted comps with a handful of pros/ams touring the country which basically was a platform for him to talk about how awesome he is, how he created aggressive skating and how much he does for the industry - all while maintaining that 'family friendly' persona.

the format was typical - beginner, intermediate, and expert divisions. 5 person 10 minute heats (for intermediate and expert) until it got down to the top five or whatever. after he announced the top 3 names of the winners in each division - he had some excuse for not having product prizes. swore that he had acquired a name/address list of the placers and would be sending packages after the tour. to keep things short - everyone paid $15/$20 to compete in our own local park and maybe hear your name called over the p.a. system. no product toss.

when the tour ended, there was a week at woodward west where the top qualifiers at each of the comps were invited to attend. if my memory is correct; $500 for non-qualifiers, $250 for 3rd, $125 for 2nd, and free for 1st - for intermediate and experts. my buddy alex and i decided to go, he placed 2nd; i placed 1st in the intermediate division. i think we both paid $250.

of course the icing on the cake was to watch the pro competition at the end of the week. haffey, rachard, ritchie v, ryan northway, angie walton was spectating who we talked to for a while, couple others i can't think of.. so as edwards is hosting/MCing (think hard about k2 daily bread ads where ben weis does a 180 off a roof into a bowl) he does a frontside stall on the roof and dropped back in and declared himself the winner immediately without there even being a panel of judges.

so i lost a few hundred bucks (some of which i assume went to edwards pocket), never got anything in the mail, and had a brief experience in a holocaust skate camp with edwards playing hitler. i could stop being a little bitch and let it go, but when you're young and someone who you looked up to lets you down, it stings. i don't take it personally, because i'm sure he's done it to other kids, and maybe he still does - which is what makes me hate him.
    is this when you saw her tits?

indeed. hoe does not like bras

valid reasons.

Around 98-99 I was in a christian youth group. There were enough of us that inlined, skated, and biked to justify a "punch and pie" type thing at our local park. Turns out the pastor's wife or someone knew Chris, at the time he seemed to be into the whole youth thing because I remember hearing he was religious, so he agreed to speak to us about the lord and session the park with us.

Long story short, it was setup and we prepared a month for it, only to have him flake last minute. I guess it really didn't hurt me much, I just chose to look up to other bladers after that. It was pretty shitty though, considering his name was on a majority of our crew's skates and I had replaced most of the parts on my Daytonas 3 times over. Moved on to USD after that, because I learned how fucking cool Petty was without acting like he wasn't a douche haha.

About a year later, I met CE himself. He was MCing B3 in Portland. I think they gave him a shiny new nickle every time he mentioned Smint. Mat Hoffman, Andy MacDonald, and most of the other big name bikers/boarders were nicer to me, despite being a blader. You know who was fucking cool? Matt Andrews and Jake Elliot, they were so down for anything.

/rant tl;dr: bladers are bigger douches than they think they can be.

At least you placed in the comp <3.

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE HUSTLES FREED View Post
    What's the matter with drugs and face tattoos? That's pretty judgmental.