Connect with Facebook
Forgot your password?

Thread: got any tips for spinning while grinding

Default got any tips for spinning while grinding

Ive seen a bunch of videos where skaters are spinning like 360s or 540s while grinding. Where do you start with this? Is there a good gateway trick? Any tips on working up to actually landing the trick? I don't mind falling but i do at the same time. I was thinking starting on my practice rail, approach fakie, spin into a fast slide, and lay it into a top soul. Any suggestions would help though, i must have these in my trick book.

Wear a vest.

you talking about hurricanes? study robert leivanos sections, dude mastered them

^^^this

Quote Originally Posted by JerryLord View Post
    Ive seen a bunch of videos where skaters are spinning like 360s or 540s while grinding... approach fakie, spin into a fast slide, and lay it into a top soul.
    ???

acid is a good gateway trick.

spin into fast slide is the easiest trick I'm surprised you haven't gotten these on lock yet?

wuckin it.

Is it possible to pivot a backslide 360 degrees on a rail? (not a switch up, a true pivot)
    I've seen it on a downledge, but never a rail. (clips would be appreciated)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanC View Post
    Is it possible to pivot a backslide 360 degrees on a rail? (not a switch up, a true pivot)
    I've seen it on a downledge, but never a rail. (clips would be appreciated)
    Lie, backslide 3 backslide? Maybe on a wide flat rail, I don't really see it hapening on a round rail.

Your post is a little confusing, but if you are talking about spinning out of grinds, miszous seem like an easy trick for me. You've got a nice solid base to jump off from and your feet aren't too close or caught around each other so spinning is pretty easy.

A royale or farv might be another good trick for that, you used to see people doing all sorts of switch ups out of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by I shit prostate blood View Post
    That's pretty gay. I shove shit in my ass a lot but that's gay...He must be a rollerblader.
    I will regain my throne!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Tary View Post
    Whenever you post, I picture a giant Duke Nukem poster above your bed with a Duke Nukem bedspread and Duke Nukem knick-knacks and when you're finally done with the day you dream of being Duke Nukem flyin around so fast raping fat chicks that look like Duke Nukem.

Its essentially a backslide cess slide. That in itself isn't hard on a ledge cause of the flat surface. But yeah, you may be right about it not being possible on a round rail

Quote Originally Posted by NathanC View Post
    Its essentially a backslide cess slide. That in itself isn't hard on a ledge cause of the flat surface. But yeah, you may be right about it not being possible on a round rail
    Ask Sean Kelso or Erik Bailey to do it. I'm assuming you're talking about Backside Backslide -> True Makio -> Inspin Front Torque -> Inspin Fishbrain -> Backside Backslide all in one continuous motion/grind?
    I'm pretty sure Erik Bailey did something really close to that in one of his Valo sections on a ledge, I'll go find it
    That's pretty gay. I shove shit in my ass a lot but that's gay...He must be a rollerblader.
    I will regain my throne!

Whenever you post, I picture a giant Duke Nukem poster above your bed with a Duke Nukem bedspread and Duke Nukem knick-knacks and when you're finally done with the day you dream of being Duke Nukem flyin around so fast raping fat chicks that look like Duke Nukem.

Is he spinning on the side of his soul plate? if so then fuck yeah I want to see that. I've seen the switch up. (going between the two through a makio) but I've never seen it as a continuous movement.

About 1:06

Also, one of the greatest sections of all time
    I will regain my throne!