Connect with Facebook
Forgot your password?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beggars scam? how do you know what's a scam, what not?

Default beggars scam? how do you know what's a scam, what not?

so
    3 days ago, I gave some money to a lady, she was old, looked frail ...
    my gf was with me and started bitching that she is a scam, apparently she heard it somewhere about her or something
    well, hmmm she did in fact hold an ice cream, how stupid I was? .. well I got carried away

yesterday
    I go out of the mall, I see this dude on a wheelchair , looking really really sad.
    I didn't even check it, but he had a bunch of stuff on his leg n stuff, I assumed he's really fucked.
    I had 2 euros and asked him if he could change me into 2x 1e , so I Could give him 1e.
    In the little money-collecting device he had, he had only cents. All of sudden he says yes, and puts out a coin wallet and changes my money looking happy. Well he had just a bunch of 2 and 1 there, still then I thought it may be I got scam't.

Srsly, can I even give money to poor people without getting scammed???!??!?!?!??!?!

I am thinking of not giving anymore money like this...

Rather give the windshield cleaning gas station cutie what I gave to those (potential) scams.
    At least she's a young student and is doing work, instead of trying to scam people.

(yes I'm too good at the heart, tried helping so many times, always ended in 1. not seeing the money back 2. 0 results from my help 3. couldn't get rid of the fake friends bla bla bla bla)

Fuck you fucking scammers
    Last edited by mumbassa; 18.08.2013 at 01:58. Reason: spelling right so ya momma will like me

Quote Originally Posted by Jakep4196 View Post
    Dude buttholes are just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Hustles View Post
    I don't give bums money because sometimes I am a bum and when I'm not, it's only a matter of time . . . I do give people like the 1/4 end of a blunt when I'm just walking around town blazing. There's no way they can scam that, just chiefing with my brethren. Just random people looking like smokers. It's funny. Do you smoke? Do you want this? Peace.

I try to be over-generous with my close friends/family and not-petty-profitably-fair-for-both in my business dealings.
    sounds interesting
    about the last line .. you=me. And family-wise, I get this behavior back.. close peeps gave me a lot of money when I needed it, if there's anything financial that is needed, I can get help from a dozen of close fam. members.
    If I ever make good money in my life, first everyone related to me gets a FAT bag-o-cash, then I'll start thinking of friends and others. If I'd have bigger amounts, I'd try to do charity/philan. , WITH the main concern being of not WASTING money. Without 100% clear that people can't abuse the given money for personal gains, or use it very badly, I wouldn't be doing this, rather leave said extra $ to successors (nephew,niece whatever, or if I'll ever have my own family but so far I don't want it)
    Why? Well, because it's one of the best feelings you can get, helping people , financially in this case.
    It just feels really good, for me and for them.
    Unless you're getting scammed.

Fuck that. I do not give bums anything. Why should I support homelessness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutcha C'mon View Post
    I have a friend that is so stupid that he spends most of his time reminding himself to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by klebanironcross View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    If I ever make good money in my life
    Shit dog, I thought u were ballin' from that royalty moniez.
    Peen

Quote Originally Posted by klebanironcross View Post
    Because they are people who need help. Not every homless person is in that position because of things they had control over. However, even the ones that are deserve grace. That being said I don't give money to every homeless person I see.

Last edited by the rmdy; 19.08.2013 at 10:58.

Did they look like this

maybe it depends where you live, but in LA I told a bum I work hard for my money, he said shit nigga me too and pulled out a WAD of cash. Offered to pay for my 7-11 purchase too.

The only reason people give bums money is to feel better about themselves... like the $1 makes them altruistic.

This post reminds of going to Rome when I was 11 and seeing hundreds of beggers lined up outside of the subway that were missing limbs from land mines from World War 2. Some of these people weren't much older than me
    Regardless of how a person became homeless be grateful for what you have.
    [/u]

I don't give people money anymore. I won't pretend my personal anecdotes can trump statistical evidence, I guess I'm just a selfish person.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Atleast your honest.

Last xmas I donated $50 to a soup kitchen and $50 for xmas presents for 4 underpriviliged kids.........in return karma cut my overtime and fucked my back and my shoulder up (actually iI did).

Lesson:fuck everyone else.

Should have spent that $100 on something usefull like booze.

it must fucking suck to resort to begging so i always give money if i have spare change.

Quote Originally Posted by *ROYALwithCHEESE* View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Atleast your honest.

Last xmas I donated $50 to a soup kitchen and $50 for xmas presents for 4 underpriviliged kids.........in return karma cut my overtime and fucked my back and my shoulder up (actually iI did).

Lesson:fuck everyone else.

Should have spent that $100 on something usefull like booze.
    I dunno, man. Just because you may not have seen the direct effects of your donations doesn't mean that it didn't have a big impact on those kid's Christmas. It's easier to look past adults in need than to look past kids in need. You did a good thing, but don't be put off because you didn't get something in return; it's not supposed to work like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsunity View Post
    the suspension is killing me

Karma isn't real. It is a coping mechanism to help people deal with an unfair world.

fuck giving to street beggars
    earlier this year i gave a chq for c$15k to a local charity which provides end of life care for kids who wont live past their teen years.
    that made me feel good, giving a £1 for some bum to spend it on fags booze or drugs is pointless

£0.00

Quote Originally Posted by `\.oOOo./` View Post
    I dunno, man. Just because you may not have seen the direct effects of your donations doesn't mean that it didn't have a big impact on those kid's Christmas. It's easier to look past adults in need than to look past kids in need. You did a good thing, but don't be put off because you didn't get something in return; it's not supposed to work like that.
    I wasn't expecting anything in return......nothing as bad as having nothing to eat or if your a kid a gift at Xmas, you feel noone gives a shit and you start to resent the world .........what I got was a shitty back and bursitis of the shoulder in return.

That was my beef.

The only thing I give money for is St. Judes Children's Hospital. The best charity there is. Homeless people only get food and cigarettes from me if I have any on me.

A magazine/streetpress here uses homeless/handicapped people to sell their paper/online pass.

The seller gets $4 of the $8 or something like that to earn their keep and build confidence.

http://www.thebigissue.org.au/