Before we get started, let me tell you a little bit about Stephan a.k.a DAS!…If you’ve never met him, then you’re missing out. Not only is he the kindest guy I know, he’s also one of those kids you want to hate. Let me paint you a picture: 26 years old, owns a Portuguese bar in Geneva, works there from morning until night, often DJ’s in Geneva’s local clubs if not elsewhere, has a girlfriend, AND still finds time to be insanely good at rollerblading. That’s what he does, sometimes all of them on the same day, this guy does not know a hangover. He is a wonder child that masters anything he touches, and I mean anything. (don’t test him you’d be gutted). Winner of the Bulle Contest 2 years in a row…don’t miss him this year again on for the High In The Park 2010 WRS*** in Bulle Switzerland (Happening today).
Intro text, images and edit: Nicolas Schopfer
So anyways, we’ve been talking about shooting for a One Minute, One Spot, so he called me in the late afternoon this Monday to go for a skate, I thought, why not? and we met up at this little street spot right next to his house, the perfect “first spot”, small ledges, rails, lines…and a nice view on the end of Lake Geneva and the BFM (that big building in the background).
Some wooden board were lying around there, so Stephan built a little bank to jump up the rail, which was never ridden that way before. and frankly…I saw it…and it was GANGSTA! Enjoy this One Minute,One Spot section! Brought to you by Shoyu Prod, Geneva!
1. Name: Stephan De Freitas
2. Age: 26
3. Hometown: Geneva
4. Sponsors: TheConference, USD
5. Favorite skate event you attended so far: Winterclash
6. Best contest results so far: 1st place Winterclash 2010 Amateur
7. Three characteristic features that describes you the best: Energetic, funny and spontaneous
8. Current set-up: USD allstars 2010 White, liner Albert Hooi, Kizer slime purple, Undercover Pro weels.
9. Best rolling edit you have seen in 2010 so far: Show of Force tour by Matty Watky
10. Good advice you’ve been given: No stress!
11. Dumpest thing you did in your life so far: Can’t remember!
12. Best thing you did in your life so far: inline skating
13. A place you really want to travel to next: Everywhere!!!!
14. Three people you would love to skate with at your favourite spot: Gonzo Jaquez, Louie Zamora, Aaron Feinberg
15. One Amateur who should be pro: Diego Guilloud and Bivol Mihai
Your favorite pros’ favorite products. Support Be-Mag by buying at our very own
or one of the following affiliate partners:
Amazon – everything you need
B&H – cameras and more
eBay – Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and more