Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post You Work [the rebirth part 3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fast eddie
    replied
    oh man, are you in for some swimming with the sharks

    75% of my work flow is in Illustrator. The other 25% is shared between QuarkXpress, InDesign and Photoshop. But I am more than proficient in them all, I just prefer to work with vector artwork due to the fact that you can scale it to any size without loss of resolution.

    Here are some good Photoshop sites, then:

    http://psd.tutsplus.com/articles/web...ver-beginners/
    http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/1

    Illustrator isn't a program that you just sit down with and figure out. It literally takes years to become good at it, and even longer to become great at it. Photoshop is different in the sense that Filters and Actions can do a lot of work for you without you actually knowing what the hell the program is doing to get the end result.


    I'm not going to comment on your work, other than to say that no one should be so proud as to refuse a good old fashion nudge in the right direction.
    Last edited by fast eddie; 04.03.2010, 23:05.

    Leave a comment:


  • SilentAssassin
    replied
    all that is photoshop.

    I only have illustrator at the school, so I haven't taken the time to figure it out yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • fast eddie
    replied
    just learning Illustrator, right?

    Spend some time on this site, it will shock you how fast you pick up the pen tool and other amazing things about Illustrator: www.vectips.com

    learn about proper gradient usage, proper usage of strokes, and alignment. Also, having a Workspace that allows for the best availability of tools without having to search for them saves so much time, as well as learning shortcut keys.

    check out www.dafont.com for tons of free fonts, and also learn about creating outlines with text and offset paths to create interesting type treatments.

    this is a good site, too: http://www.illustrationclass.com/
    Last edited by fast eddie; 04.03.2010, 22:05.

    Leave a comment:


  • SilentAssassin
    replied
    Album art for my electronica project



    Messing around with diagraming

    Concept for a shirt design

    submission to the Identity Contest

    Messing around

    Leave a comment:


  • SilentAssassin
    replied
    fuck my life....

    Leave a comment:


  • SilentAssassin
    replied
    :EDIT:

    fixed



    ::EDIT 2::


    fuck me... ill do it later.
    Last edited by SilentAssassin; 04.03.2010, 21:05.

    Leave a comment:


  • Garett
    replied
    Few sites I've designed for my employer have finally gone live:

    http://www.aussierocks.com/index.cfm

    http://www.brandifysocialmedia.com

    http://www.zdvo.com/

    http://www.yourlocalmarkets.com.au/

    http://www.danet.com.au/

    Leave a comment:


  • resuk
    replied
    Yo harisson, a update on the jack the ripper jet?

    I've done a part of a small collection for a young brand called " serenity"
    the target group is quite young and i had wasnt completely free to do what i wanted,
    but i learned a lot, this is what i designed for them about 10 months ago, its in the shops now.

    shirts:

    bigger: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xcLQEC43xT...%2Btshirts.jpg

    windjacks:

    bigger: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xcLQEC43xT...Bwindjacks.jpg
    sweats:


    bigger: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xcLQEC43xT...s%2Bhoodys.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Smelly Gonorrhea
    replied
    They would probably kill you in China for doing that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Titties 'N' Beer
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • fast eddie
    replied
    all of the issues of my rollerblading magazine Balance can be found here:

    http://issuu.com/k2rolla

    #4 should be online within the next 24 hours

    hate hate hate all you want, but this is what I give back to rollerblading for 13 years of keeping me fit, healthy and happy.

    Leave a comment:


  • harrison
    replied
    WIP: just sketching out a layout for it, probably 15% complete.

    Leave a comment:


  • iztel
    replied
    All in Shenzhen, China








    CIPS Crew Production

    Leave a comment:


  • rollcam
    replied
    Any comments welcome.

    http://vimeo.com/8657373

    Leave a comment:


  • resuk
    replied
    Thanks! the "after" version is fresh!

    Thanks Bazodazo for the "sticky"!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X