Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need podcast that sums up poscasts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Need podcast that sums up poscasts.

    Forealdo, it seems like these things average 90 min, and as much as I love JJ or Dave Paine, there’s no way these can’t be edited down a little.
    It would seriously be nice if there was a cliff notes version of these things.



    meat is murder
    and murder tastes good.

    #2
    A few years ago my friend wanted to start a service that would allow users to pay a small fee in order to read a bullet point list of key information from podcasts. His plan was to listen to popular podcasts and just condense the information for others to read. I never really thought the idea had potential, but maybe there’s something to it

    https://www.instagram.com/instalesszeke/

    Comment


      #3
      It seems like it would at least be worth it to archive them. The earlier, the easier.
      I really enjoyed the JJ podcast, for example, but the same points were made over and over again.



      meat is murder
      and murder tastes good.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ratboy View Post
        I really enjoyed the JJ podcast, for example, but the same points were made over and over again.
        I enjoyed listening to that one, but a 20 minute version could have been edited without losing a single bit of info. I like that the MB dudes just let him talk though - I felt it was important to get inside his head on that one.

        Comment


          #5
          Back To Blading 19
          -Retro 50/50 frames shipping
          -wyii.us
          -Phil Riley played M:TG
          -Eitan Kramer, new Roces pro
          -https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-qMQAFIP5/

          WHATS UP NICKY ADAMS? SKATE TALKS #25
          -Made $6k/mo for 3 years with Salomon
          -Released from 5 year sentence
          -Launched GOD Apparel in solitary

          WHATS UP BOBBI SPASSOV? SKATE TALKS #24
          -"Bobbi Backflip", Israel
          -Landed 720 kind grind
          -Competed in X-Games at 12
          -Skating street for 3 years
          -Manages scooter team
          masterbla.de

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by masterblade View Post
            Back To Blading 19
            -Retro 50/50 frames shipping
            -wyii.us
            -Phil Riley played M:TG
            -Eitan Kramer, new Roces pro
            -https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-qMQAFIP5/
            Why was i able to listen to this podcast but couldn't pause it or turn it off? I had to restart my phone to get it to stop.

            Comment


              #7
              Riccardo Lino skate talk with Fish
              • JC Rowe snitched to powerslide that Billy was considering riding SSM so they fired him
              • Skated Sebas for a bit and split a trip to summerclash but nothing futher happened with them
              • Retired so SSM couldn't use his name in their marketing
              • Got paid like $300 a month from SSM for a bit, but was months late in paying him
              • Seems to have no real interest in the Aeons, but seems happy the skate exists
              • Seems like a good dude who is burned out on skating.
              Riccardo Lino skate talk with Stefan Brandow
              • Wanted to skate Cults but Razors said he wouldn't go AM or Pro if he didn't skate SLs or Shifts
              • Made him pro anyway this year
              • Basically told him not to bother making edits and promo stuff so he quit and now skates some V13
              • Wanted to build his own team/brand around the Cult skate but Razors not interested
              • Seems like a good dude who is burned out on skating.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by DanielBond View Post
                Riccardo Lino skate talk with Fish
                • JC Rowe snitched to powerslide that Billy was considering riding SSM so they fired him
                • Skated Sebas for a bit and split a trip to summerclash but nothing futher happened with them
                • Retired so SSM couldn't use his name in their marketing
                • Got paid like $300 a month from SSM for a bit, but was months late in paying him
                • Seems to have no real interest in the Aeons, but seems happy the skate exists
                • Seems like a good dude who is burned out on skating.
                Riccardo Lino skate talk with Stefan Brandow
                • Wanted to skate Cults but Razors said he wouldn't go AM or Pro if he didn't skate SLs or Shifts
                • Made him pro anyway this year
                • Basically told him not to bother making edits and promo stuff so he quit and now skates some V13
                • Wanted to build his own team/brand around the Cult skate but Razors not interested
                • Seems like a good dude who is burned out on skating.
                Gutted Fish is no longer an active 'pro'. All footage of him skating the V13's has been fire. He's still so good and deserved so much more than he got. One of the best street skaters or all time imo.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by DanielBond View Post
                  Riccardo Lino skate talk with Fish
                  • JC Rowe snitched to powerslide that Billy was considering riding SSM so they fired him
                  • Skated Sebas for a bit and split a trip to summerclash but nothing futher happened with them
                  • Retired so SSM couldn't use his name in their marketing
                  • Got paid like $300 a month from SSM for a bit, but was months late in paying him
                  • Seems to have no real interest in the Aeons, but seems happy the skate exists
                  • Seems like a good dude who is burned out on skating.
                  Riccardo Lino skate talk with Stefan Brandow
                  • Wanted to skate Cults but Razors said he wouldn't go AM or Pro if he didn't skate SLs or Shifts
                  • Made him pro anyway this year
                  • Basically told him not to bother making edits and promo stuff so he quit and now skates some V13
                  • Wanted to build his own team/brand around the Cult skate but Razors not interested
                  • Seems like a good dude who is burned out on skating.
                  Oh man, thanks for this. I can't listen to Lino speak through his nose for more than 30 seconds so I haven't been listening to podcasts. Great summaries.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Blading Culture Podcast #8
                    -Livingston Pure Fun Blading Party 23: longest running event?
                    -Quitting, pro, money : lol

                    Rocktown Podcast 108
                    -15min session butt dial

                    Truspin podcast #38
                    -Tyler Vacher designs and sells blade nostalgia-inspired prints
                    masterbla.de

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by `\.oOOo./` View Post

                      Oh man, thanks for this. I can't listen to Lino speak through his nose for more than 30 seconds so I haven't been listening to podcasts. Great summaries.
                      I've warmed to Lino a lot - he does interrupt a lot and likes to refer to his time as a sponsored skater a lot when it's not relevant, but his knowledge and enthusiasm for skating is so genuine and he's not afraid to ask some ballsy questions, so respect to him - he's bagged some big names on his podcast and got them to spill some interesting beans.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        If you haven't listened to the Rachel Lin podcast on MB you should - she was the engineer who designed the new range of K2 skates/frames including the R100s, Unnatural and Front Street.

                        http://www.mushroomblading.com/podcasts.php?id=227

                        It's worth the listen - clears up some stuff people discuss on blade channels all the time as well some good insight on the industry etc.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Rocktown podcast ep?

                          -Krans lives in Oakland
                          -He's originally from Wisconsin
                          -He now lives in Oakland
                          -Phillip Moore loves himself

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by DanielBond View Post
                            I've warmed to Lino a lot - he does interrupt a lot and likes to refer to his time as a sponsored skater a lot when it's not relevant, but his knowledge and enthusiasm for skating is so genuine and he's not afraid to ask some ballsy questions, so respect to him - he's bagged some big names on his podcast and got them to spill some interesting beans.
                            My wife and I were talking last night about National Public Radio reporters/announcers that we like and don't like, and why. Cadence, modulation, pitch, pronunciation, and impediments came up a lot. I would totally read a transcript of Lino's podcast but I don't like his voice at all and nothing will change that.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Dubjeeberplus View Post
                              Rocktown podcast ep?

                              -Krans lives in Oakland
                              -He's originally from Wisconsin
                              -He now lives in Oakland
                              -Phillip Moore loves himself
                              Wanted to listen to Bina's but don't think I can stand it and I heard it wasn't that interesting.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X