Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The 'them skates' thread

frame alignment too medially-biased (too far to the inside)
    Where have you seen a pic of the bottom of the soul? I pronate easy, ya see.

Quote Originally Posted by al dolega View Post
    I think the sizing will probably be too big for me (bottom of a shell size), and the frame alignment too medially-biased (too far to the inside). Neither are flaws, they're just aspects that I'm pretty sure will go against my preferences.

From a purely objective viewpoint this is most likely a bad purchase for me. From a subjective viewpoint, as a blader with an interest in blading staying alive and vibrant, and a deep longtime respect for Jon Julio, it's the best purchase I've made in a long time.
    This....

Assuming the US 10 is the same length as a US 10 V13, these will likely be too wide for me...

Have been back and forth about getting some, certainly don't need new skates and they won't improve my skills...

On the other hand, I got a pay raise this year and if some are still available on the 28th I may buy a pair just for the blade history...

Loco have the soul swap options and I'm liking the black-boot with white soul...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubjeeber View Post
    Assuming the US 10 is the same length as a US 10 V13, these will likely be too wide for me...
    I went a size down because of this. Historically, doing so has never worked in my favor thus I'm a little uneasy about my purchase but I haven't been happy with the Majestic boot for a while now and figured it's time for something (old)new.

I'm restraining myself from ordering them! If I did it would be small black I reckon.

Rhaaa, same here.
    I already have like 7 pairs of skates.
    I just want to support JJ.

Any advice pushing me top cop them I will listen...

Why didn't he find the throne moulds, I wouldn't have hesitated.
    "Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming in your way."

Quote Originally Posted by kaputchino View Post
    Why didn't he find the throne moulds, I wouldn't have hesitated.
    The Throne mold isn't an open mold, it's owened by Powerslide and it's not in production anymore because the molds are too old.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBond View Post
    The Throne mold isn't an open mold, it's owened by Powerslide and it's not in production anymore because the molds are too old.
    Yeah I know! It was just for the sake of the drama lol

EDIT:
    Ok, turns out I couldn't resist.... Black on black!
    Last edited by kaputchino; 20.02.2018 at 10:14.
    "Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming in your way."

idk if this was mentioned before, but are these skates chinese manufactured?

Quote Originally Posted by Bldsnrc View Post
    idk if this was mentioned before, but are these skates chinese manufactured?
    Sure are buddy.

1000 pairs sold already, they will increase production.

Pretty cool they've sold enough to increase production. Probably means a decrease in unit costs, or at least other fixed costs yield more profits for them.

I think I'm going to sit the pre-order out and try some on when they arrive. I'm really done with ill fitting skates now.

1000 pairs only, get them before they sell out... Then we'll make more so there's actually not 1000 only.

Quote Originally Posted by DesignatedRolla View Post
    1000 pairs only, get them before they sell out... Then we'll make more so there's actually not 1000 only.
    I'm sure he didn't expect to sell a 1000 pairs in 12 hours... I think he talked about it in the MB podcast as a 1000 is the minimum factory quantity and the one he could afford/manage... Obviously with the preorder going so well why not reach for the stars?

Quote Originally Posted by DesignatedRolla View Post
    Lol if people were buying them to have a "limited" 1000 run skate then that's their bad. He made it pretty clear the point of the first 1000 was to fund more. Glad that's happening sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by the winner View Post
    that was so fucking GAY, fucking quit it. You're the gayest skaters ever

whack skating
    whack filming
    whack song
    that redbull spill is disgusting

did I say shit tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by azrider View Post
    Lol if people were buying them to have a "limited" 1000 run skate then that's their bad. He made it pretty clear the point of the first 1000 was to fund more. Glad that's happening sooner than later.
    Yeah I know there was always gonna be more but I wonder how many people ordered straight away thinking there might not be anymore for 6 months or longer. Either way I'm glad the 1000 sold so quickly, don't feel guilty about not buying any now!

That groove

Ewwwww

Quote Originally Posted by *ROYALwithCHEESE* View Post
    That groove

Ewwwww
    It looks like if you get low on a savannah alley oop / unity then you're gonna slide off. But I like the angle of it and can imagine it being good for royales. I'd probably dremel it deeper though - A groove in the side of the boot itself (as opposed to the razors style groove on the edge) is really important to me to stay on tricks like savannah / alley oop unity stuff.